We have 60,000 thoughts each day and many decisions to make. Then how can we understand which one to choose and which is that ONE Decision that can change my life?
I really believe there is this insane power that comes from making a choice. One decision has the power to change the course of your entire life, like a decision to live your life a certain way, a decision on your college major, a decision to date a certain person, a decision to get a certain job, and all decisions in between. It’s crazy what can come from making one decision.
It literally only takes one decision to change your entire life. One choice that can interrupt everything, or change everything for the better.
I just think the reality is, we all just want to live our lives the best we can. We all want to one day look back over our lives and to be glad that things happened in the way that they happened based on the decisions that we made. That’s really what everything comes down to, so don’t take for granted making a choice. Realize that power you have in shaping your life and in making decisions that can literally change its course.
Design your own life in 5 easy steps
Identify the First Habit You Want to Change
Whether you've decided to make a personal change a New Years' resolution, or simply want to change up your day-to-day routine, changing a habit can be the start of a meaningful personal transformation. Before you can actually change any aspect of yourself, you'll need to acknowledge that something needs to change and identify the habit you wish to break. You most likely already know what this is.
What’s the biggest challenge you are facing which is affecting your career growth?
Self Analysis is a process where a person attempts to know and understand oneself in order to explore possible changes which can be implied in one’s character, personality, and motives. Become More Observant. Notice everything that surrounds you. The world is full of examples, ideas, words, wisdom, mistakes, and experiences.
Pay attention to details and use them to your own benefit. Now that you recognize what it is that's causing your problems, think about why you engage in that behavior. Every habit gives you something that you enjoy, even if that "reward" is simply avoiding something unpleasant that you don't want to do.
Set a Goal
The word ‘goals’ is thrown around a lot these days. So much so that it can be confusing what a goal really is. Research by a psychologist and career coach at the Dominican University of California shows that there’s a direct correlation between setting goals and achieving success. Properly defined goals help trigger new behaviors and help you focus on what’s important to you.
The best way to achieve goals is to set fewer short-term goals which are easier to achieve. Goals have to be written. That’s the most point while setting any goals. Be sure to also note how you’ll implement and how you are achieving your milestones slowly but steadily. Getting emotionally involved in a goal is important, but don’t get emotionally involved in the problems you come across while achieving the goal. Such emotions are negative emotions and they blur the vision.
A few examples:
1. Walk 10,000 steps per day
2. Drink 8 glasses of water each day
3. Meditation and visualization each morning
4. Reading 10 minutes per day
Create a Work-Back Schedule to Achieve The Goals
Consistently start putting your plan into action. Come up with a concrete list of steps you can take to make it as easy as possible to achieve your habit. One of the points in SMART Goals is Time Bound. The reason why you need time-bound goals is that you don’t want to go on endlessly, you want to have an end date. In case you miss that date by a day or two or at times even a month here and there don’t panic. At times, life throws you challenges that compel you to take diversions or halts and that can increase your time to reach your destination.
Keep a Journal on Action Routine
This doesn’t need to be elaborate. It can be as simple as jotting a quick note like “was easy” or “hard today” for the first week to get a better overview of your prioritized tasks, milestones, and deadlines. Your timeline also serves as a visual way to track the start and end dates of every task in your action plan. You can use it as a baseline to make sure your team stays on track
A few good writing prompts for you:
1. What went well yesterday?
2. What didn’t go as planned yesterday?
3. How do I feel right now?
4. What brought me joy?
5. What’s my plan for today?
Evaluate Your Progress
Once you’ve listed out the steps you have to take in order to accomplish your goal (these steps represent your micro-goals), you’ll want to add a date next to each step.
This date will serve as your checkpoint, and it is on that date you’ll set aside one minute to check yourself: did you achieve the micro-goal you set for yourself?
At end of the week, evaluate if you want to change the healthier habit to something else that’s easier. If you decide to keep going, make sure you continue the habit for at least a month before trying for a different habit. Evaluate by tangible outcomes. Revise the list according to changing priorities. Make the list realistic and continue.
Do not however become robotic. It will however help if you assign positive emotions to goals. Understand fully why each goal matters. Very soon you can measure small achievements.
Dr Archana Burman is a multitasking and very hard-working goal-oriented woman. She is an entrepreneur, educator, Published Author, International Speaker, Mind trainer, and distance healer too. She is also a dance choreographer. She has total 25+ years of experience, with 17+ years in one of the biggest corporations in India.
She is the Founder and President of Big Brain Brilliance Knowledge Hub and DiAS Driving Aspiration.
1. Peace and Happiness Ambassador of Chilparco International UK and India
2. Caligirlbooks LLC, USA Brand Ambassador for World Peace.
3. Switzerland's World Peace 2022 Brand Ambassador
3. She holds the world record for the most inspiring woman on the planet, and her name appears in the World Record Book as 1001 Most Inspiring Women on the Planet 2022.
4. Got the most inspiring women's award from Namaste India.
5. Acquired the Universe's most inspiring woman and set another world record with the IDYM group.
6. HRD Mission Nari Shakti Mission, a Government of India initiative, awarded her the titles of most inspiring women, most influential women, and best mother in 2022.
7. She got the award for the most powerful women in 2022
8. Got the award Global Icon 2022 from RKDX Speakers Forum
9. "International Proud Womenia 2022" from Namaste India International Group
10. Jeevan Jyoti Kalash Gaya, India, the award for outstanding and spectacular contribution to society
10. Freedom Finisher award from Siddharth Rajsekhar
and several other award-holders as a speaker and in her education field.
11. Regular Speaker on the international platform
12. Guest Speaker on SDG 13 at World Peace Summit 2022
13. Guest Speaker at South Asian International Education Summit 2022, hosted by Srilanka,